Coconut Maca Balls (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
If you're looking for something sweet, but fat-filled for the amazing energy boost qualities, then these little treats are a must-try, especially if you love coconut.
These come together super quick, and you only dirty one kitchen tool in the process (the food processor). I love recipes that involve just throwing all of the ingredients into the food processor or blender, pulsing, and eating -- or practically eating. This recipe is one of those!
- 1/2 cup raw coconut butter
- 2 TBSP coconut oil (melted)
- 2 TBSP MCT oil (I use Bulletproof Brain Octane Oil)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (I used Bob's Red Mill)
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cardamom
- 2 tsp coconut sugar
- 1 TBSP maca powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 1 pinch sea salt or real mineral salt
- 1 tsp spirulina (optional to make them green and for added nutrients)
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until just-combined.
- Using your hands or an ice-cream scoop, form golf-ball sized balls with the mixture.
- Place each ball onto a parchment-lined baking sheet or plate, and place in the freezer for at least 15 minutes so that they come together and harden.
- Store in freezer.
- Defrost at room temperature for about 5 minutes prior to eating.