Green Spinach Garlic Mashed Potatoes (Gluten Free, Dairy Free)
Most of my recipes are very simple to make. Not too many ingredients, straight-forward steps, not a ton of back-and-forth with things. But this recipe. This one might be the easiest one yet.
In no-time flat you'll have a vibrant green side dish that is not just fun to look at -- it's tasty and full of nutrients too!
All it takes is some boiling water to boil up some potatoes with the skin on -- no peeling required. This is a low-maintenance kitchen, after all.
- 3-4 small organic red potatoes
- 2 cups fresh organic baby spinach
- 2 cloves garlic (roasted or raw, depending on your preference).
- a few pinches sea salt or real mineral salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Meanwhile, poke a few holes in each potato with a fork.
- Once the water is boiling, add the potatoes, and allow to bring back to a boil.
- Check the potatoes after about 15 minutes for doneness. You want them to be knife tender and fully cooked through, so add time as needed. Remove from water and allow to cool on towel for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, if you prefer roasting your garlic, roast your peeled garlic cloves for about 7 minutes. on 400°F, until soft and starting to brown a bit. Check periodically for doneness.
- Add cooled boiled potatoes, garlic cloves, spinach, and salt to a high-speed blender or food processor, and pulse until the mixture comes together but isn't completely smooth and homogenous -- it gives the dish character and texture to keep it a little chunky.
- Serve immediately or store in the fridge until ready to re-heat and eat.